How to own Duran Lantink?
duranlantink.com is built to be as accessible and self-explanatory as possible. Since we’re aiming to do some new things, you might still end up having a few questions. We’re happy to hold hands, let’s walk through this together.
For anything else, just message us.
- Availability We currently drop one item at a time here, every Tuesday and Friday, at midnight CET. You can sign-up for drop notifications via email, or follow @duranlantinkyo on instagram. We also provide save-the-date links for each item, so you can add favorite drops to your calendar and make sure you don’t miss them. And you’re welcome to just hang out on the site and watch the countdowns ticking down, it’s mesmerizing.
- Buying You can currently get your items two different ways:
The majority of drops will be for direct sale, with a fixed price and a regular checkout, just as you know from any other site.
Some drops, highlighted with a blue outline, will be available for auction. For now, auctions run for 24hrs (we might adjust this depending on how things go). Our auctions start at an initial offering price, and bids can be placed in increments of €50. In order to accept your first bid, we need to verify your email address. Once the auction is over, the highest bidder receives an email with a redeem link. If the item is not claimed within 24hrs, we assume it wasn’t a serious bid and will send a redeem link to the next highest bidder.
- Ownership On acquisition, new owners receive not just the garment itself, but also our Dumb Contract, validated with a drop of Duran’s blood. It acts as a certificate of ownership for the item, and grants the rights of representation, alteration, and resale on duranlantink.com.
- Item Biography Like your body, items by Duran Lantink are never entirely finished or complete. A certain aliveness and mutability remains. That’s why every Duran Lantink item has its own page on which, over time, the different stages of its long lifecycle are documented. It’s also a way of accounting for the accumulating value connected to an item.
- Representation As an owner, you have the right to put a name (or handle) on the item page. It’s also fine if you don’t want to.
- Alteration As an owner, you have the right to request an alteration of your item anytime. Alterations are a personal, custom, 1:1 process. Parts can be added or recomposed, other items from your wardrobe can be joined, it can be drastic or subtle. Pricing and timing are offered after an initial conversation.
- Resale As an owner, you have the right to offer your item for resale on duranlantink.com (and obviously anywhere else). You may offer it at a fixed price, or as an auction with a starting bid. If you choose to offer items on duranlantink.com, we send a notification to all subscribers and other owners, and we handle the payment. We charge a percentage of the transaction value for this service.